Nothing Says “I Love You” Like a Hedgehog

15 Feb

hedgehog

Introduction

Each year on Valentine’s Day I pick out a little figurine, stuffed animal or trinket to give my wife.  This year’s model, a hedgehog.

For the first time ever my daughter accompanied me when I went out to find that perfect “I love you” item.

Yesterday morning, when I presented my 2014 model, my daughter asked her mother how many of these items had she kept.  After she asked I thought, good question, how many are still in existence?  After all we are talking about 28 Valentine’s Day items.

The Big Reveal

V-DayCollection

When I returned from work yesterday I was surprised to find, all across the living room table, almost every single item dating back to 1986.  I had no idea she had kept them.  It turns out that she had a couple items stolen off her desk years ago so that’s why “almost” had to be included.

One Favorite

Front and center you will see a candle in the shape of a kangaroo.  This is no ordinary kangaroo, this one is pregnant.  That was 1992, the year we were expecting our first child.

Final Thoughts

I enjoyed seeing these items again.  As you can see God has granted us many Valentine’s Day celebrations.

As I looked at my little tokens of love I was reminded of the greatest token of love ever given, the cross.

10 Comments

Posted by on February 15, 2014 in Lessons from A Servant

Tags: , , ,

10 responses to “Nothing Says “I Love You” Like a Hedgehog

1. SLIMJIM

February 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm

How precious!

February 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Okay, okay, as I said, I can do this once a year. Back to my normal bland self now.

2. Elaine

February 15, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Awwww that is sweet!

February 15, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Okay, enough of this mushy stuff, Valentines is over.
      I was really wanting to show what a good wife I have.

• Elaine

February 15, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Well you did indeed show what a good wife you have. And she shows what a good husband she has.

3. Skye

February 15, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Bland self…..somehow, I doubt it! 🙂 Truly a beautiful post.

February 15, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Well thank you but I am rather unremarkable in real life. What you see of worth is God’s doing.
      I hope services tomorrow are God honoring and heart warming for you.

• Skye

February 15, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Amen to that ~ any and all that of worth in me is because of His incredible grace and mercy. I hope the same for you.

4. searchingforsubstance

February 15, 2014 at 10:55 pm

so sweet! although the sentiments are lovely, i’m thankful you always redirect us to what’s most important- Jesus and the cross. thanks for this…

February 15, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I love my wife but I love my Lord more. My wife has the same priority. I’ll gladly take second place in her heart as long as Jesus is first.
      Thank you for the kind words.